Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And so for the Realisation of Dreams 2


F#@k poetry is a wastrel
to sit and stare
at a mere morsel,
until horses are wishes
and castles made of air.

Surely,
somewhere,
beggars will ride the wind,
dashing out to dine
on castles
of concrete

A.J. Ponder

Quite late this week - but it is still Tuesday it's not all bad.  Fortunately I've been keeping this little number up my sleeve for a while - emergencies you know.  Anyway - I'm hoping everyone has a fantastic week and is enjoying the slowly developing poem up on the Tuesday blog with all the fantastic poets who contribute every Tuesday down the side :)

The pics are kind of relevant, but not especially I would have loved a picture of an awesome castle with a beggar riding a horse in front - but as they say beggars can't be choosers and besides - "Castle in the Air" is an awesome story, by one of my favourite authors and I kept the ice one because, well that's a slant to the poem I didn't quite intend, but it's kind of sad and cool at the same time - apologies for the pun.


 













A.J. Ponder 

 A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores

8 comments:

  1. Great Alicia – I like the extended metaphor with the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith - it's a metaphor that has always intrigued me.

      Delete
  2. Intriguing, Alicia...'dine on castles of concrete'
    I will be thinking about this for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I also love that line because it's almost alive with unintended meaning - but for some reason it just wont sit pretty on the page.

      Delete
  3. I really like the air castles in the beginning and the concrete castles at the end. Great contrasts in such a small thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really enjoyed playing with the whole dreams/reality motif that is just primed for contrasts.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this, Alicia. One of your poems kept up the sleeve - great stuff. And thanks for all your support of Tuesday Poem over our first two years - the poets and poems you bring. More of the same, please! Mary & Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mary and Claire - and thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the Tuesday Poem every week, your energy, enthusiasm and sheer hard work have made the site what it is today - Brilliant. So cheers.

      Delete