Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Once upon a time there was an excuse (sorry) - and a taniwha...

Once upon a time
there was a poem...
and it lived happily ever after

Yes, it's another one of those excuses weeks

I've been pretty busy putting a few final touches on my book - Wizard's Guide to Wellington.  The book even has it's own blog - although it's just in it's infancy until I have a countdown for the official release.

Richard's even painted me a picture for the cover so it's all rocking... Got to get an ISBN  etc etc and really knock this thing off my TO DO list.


So although I hadn't quite planned to let it out yet - here's the pic Richard painted for me.  It looks amazing - even by itself with a big
gap at the top for the text :)

And I almost forgot - there's some fantastic poetry up on the Tuesday blog - here - don't forget to check it out :) I've only just started checking them out and noticed the new Tuesday poet - Leah's "Empty Apartment II" is quite gorgeous with a sort of metaphysical strangeness permeating it.

A.J. Ponder

 A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores

4 comments:

  1. Great excuse Alicia...This cover has wow factor. Great idea to show it without the title! But the title is most intriguing. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Helen, I thought it was at least a reasonable excuse... and thanks about the cover too. I think it looks fun, am still working on the rest...

    ReplyDelete