Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Once upon a time there was an excuse (sorry) - and a taniwha...

Once upon a time
there was a poem...
and it lived happily ever after

Yes, it's another one of those excuses weeks

I've been pretty busy putting a few final touches on my book - Wizard's Guide to Wellington.  The book even has it's own blog - although it's just in it's infancy until I have a countdown for the official release.

Richard's even painted me a picture for the cover so it's all rocking... Got to get an ISBN  etc etc and really knock this thing off my TO DO list.


So although I hadn't quite planned to let it out yet - here's the pic Richard painted for me.  It looks amazing - even by itself with a big
gap at the top for the text :)

And I almost forgot - there's some fantastic poetry up on the Tuesday blog - here - don't forget to check it out :) I've only just started checking them out and noticed the new Tuesday poet - Leah's "Empty Apartment II" is quite gorgeous with a sort of metaphysical strangeness permeating it.

A.J. Ponder

 A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores

4 comments:

  1. cheers - it's awesome isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excuse Alicia...This cover has wow factor. Great idea to show it without the title! But the title is most intriguing. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers Helen, I thought it was at least a reasonable excuse... and thanks about the cover too. I think it looks fun, am still working on the rest...

    ReplyDelete