Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Call to Arms: by A.J. Ponder from Prophecy (The Sylvalla Chronicals)


When reality is cut asunder
And made anew
When the world cries out for Heroes
And Death awakens
When Evil slithers through
The cracks of Truth
Then comes a moment,
A call

Then comes a simple illusion that breaks its bonds
And becomes.

I was editing today and came across this old poem. Ironically, it was written as a chapter heading for my to be released book "Prophecy" (Yes, the book is a little bit cheesy. I like a good dollop of humour in my fiction!)

But still, it seemed apt.

The call has been made, either we are for human rights - or we are not.
Our reality is about to cut one way or the other -- into divisive hate, or a step forward to something better.

This is a time for heroes.
Who will they be?
Who will stand up for the rights of babes torn from their mother's arms?
Who will stand up for the oppressed?
What illusion is going to ne freed? One of hate? Or one of love?

Have a great week, people,
I truly hope we can make this world better.

A.J. Ponder

Prophecy is the sequel to Quest (due to be published 2018)
My Rona Gallery profile (fewer books and paperbacks only): http://www.ronagallery.co.nz/AJPonder
My Amazon profile https://www.amazon.com/A.J.-Ponder/e/B00KTUIJQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment