Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spider


Obviously I can't see you
dangling like a tiny stick
lurching
twirling
not spinning as such

vibrating upon the invisible thread
around and around

Obviously you're not really there
as you drop onto pages
vast as football fields
hiding in the subtext

Obviously 




Now spiders should always understand subtext.  After all I'm sure Charlotte did.  Which is possibly why they do so well at hiding in it.  This spider (a cute little katipo) isn't bothering to hide, but I can assure you the little house spider that dropped onto my page the other day, sure did.    

A.J. Ponder

A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores


3 comments:

  1. The sense of scale is beautifully captured! I'm sure spiders do understand subtext - they make quite an art of this dropping nonchalantly onto text, don't they? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Elizabeth - the event just struck me as so cute - I'm pleased it resonated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the fine, miniature world of the tiny house spider is nicely done Alicia - and I like the way these words about a spider have their own subtext - words..

    ReplyDelete