Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lullaby for Zombies I

Lullaby for Zombies I
Rock ye
Sleep thee
Lay ye down
And close thine heart
Close thy mind 
so torn apart

Rock ye
Sleep thee
Dreams of death
Bring softest sighs
Rock ye
Sleep thee
Lullabyes

Rock ye
Sleep thee
The earth
will never keep ye
The sky will 
never slake thee

Rock ye
Sleep thee
Lullabye

A.J. Ponder

Yet another Zombie lullaby -
As if we can ever have enough lullabies for Zombies?  I know I certainly can't.  This one riffs on - but doesn't really follow Mary Poppin's "Stay Awake," and is actually the first one I wrote.  The others came later, fed by Brahms and the idea that every mythical creature should have its own lullabye.  Fairies I guess should be next!

(The picture is from the book "Pride Prejudice and Zombies" by Jane Austin and Seth Graeme-Smith. And in the interests of copyright fairness I should say it was alot of fun - mostly because I hated the characters and the idea that they might be turned into zombies or killed at any moment made them almost sufferable :)

A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores...
For more Zombies, I have also written Lullaby Little Zombie, to Brahms and the short and sweet, Zombie's Lament

No comments:

Post a Comment