Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stop Thief



Tomorrow will be here
any moment.
Tiptoeing
inchwise
into your life

A thief,
murderous
in the night.
Intent on nothing more
than the perishables

The fruit in the bowl
the paint on the 
walls,
the beds,
and the hearts
that lie sleeping within.



It's been a busy week for poetry, lovely meet-ups in places with lots of books, and many wonderful poets, you know who you are - and quite a few of you can be found here at the wonderful Tuesday Poem blog.  So of course, I've spent all night scrounging through all my work, and decided it needs, well more work - but I did find this little piece which is - I don't know what it is, but it's not completely terrible, at least I hope not.  Enjoy your week, people.  

A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores

2 comments: