Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Burning

A flame
small
lost.
The wind grabs it
and it shivers -
come close,
protect it with your hands.

A flame...
a fire...
an inferno.
You gotta respect that
from a distance.

A.J. Ponder


 There's all sorts of burning happening over the last few weeks - mostly peoples money going up in power bills.  And the mash up - fire with book - not quite appropriate, but I saw the "Catching Fire" title and I thought wouldn't it be fun if I could mash it up as a book catching on fire.  It might not be perfect, but I think its worked well enough, after all I'm not exactly known for my art so there's not much of a reputation there to lose. Besides, Suzanne Collins is a great author, lots of fun.  

I hope everyone is having a great week.  And to make it even more exciting you may want to visit the Tuesday Poem hub here, or my review for A Dance with Dragons/Game of Thrones at the Rona Gallery blog here

A.J. Ponder's work is available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, and good Wellington bookstores



1 comment:

  1. I liked the poem---although I must admit my first thought re the burning book was to Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

    I'm going to go read your GRRM Dance of Dragons review now ... (I probably won't read it until after I've done my copyedit.)

    ReplyDelete