Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'd like to thank...

Did you think this would be a poem?
I lied
What I meant to say was
come to my book launch

have you submitted a piece of art?
Of course it was due today -
everything always is -
unless it was due last week
and you just plain forgot
because the world passed by
not unlike a freight train in a
sanitised Valentine's commercial

Love is cheap and
fired with coal apparently
But before your glasses steam up-

Of course I'd like to thank you

for turning up
for making my day
(reading this counts)
for mixing with the artists
& joining in the fun
(dress up optional)

So
Seriously
Love to see you
6.30 Thurs 14 Feb
151 Muritai Rd
Eastbourne
Be my Valentine - I promise there will only be platonic magic and a complete lack of soot.
Thanks everyone :)


http://anafflictionofpoetry.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/come-one-come-all-to-my-book-launch-630.html

 PS - want to enjoy more fine poetry - check out the Tuesday Poem Blog for the featured poem "The Gift" by C K Stead and hosted by the lovely, talented and insightful, Mary McCallum.
A quick and somewhat cursory look through the poems this week but Keith's "Resilience" caught my eye
 Kathleen Ferber has chosen "Blue Disremembered Hills" by Tim Jones - and my first thought was why? And then I read it again.  Ah that's why.  Some poems just need a little more effort - but they are well worth it. 
I also enjoyed The Awakening River, by Katherine Mansfield posted by Robert Sullivan.  

Or for the latest in Tuesday Poetry click on the feather...

A.J.

A.J. Ponder's books are available through Rona Gallery, Amazon, Paper Plus and good Wellington bookstores.



4 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a great launch, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for tomorrow Alicia. sounds very well organised and loads of fun. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Helen - I'm not sure about well organised - but there should be heaps of cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete