Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Do we need all this plastic?

I said some time back that I was working on an "If" poem.
That's not working so well, too many ideas. It's going in too many different directions.
So in the meantime, he's a little plastic ditty

Do we need all this plastic?

There’s plastic in the water
and there’s plastic in your tea.
There’s plastic in your fish
and in your BLT.

There’s plastic in Antarctica,
and on the ocean floor.
High up in the mountains
and right outside your door.

So now it’s time to do something 
(how about it changing the law).
Because I think we all know by now:
We don’t need waste plastic any more.

A.J. Ponder


Well, that wasn't great, but it was fun. Obviously, we're not all going to be perfect all the time, I'm certainly not. (Thought I'd better get that out there.) Which is why it's important to call for structural change, to make it easier for everyone to do the right thing. :)

Have a great week, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment