Sunday, February 6, 2022

Happy Birthday in a Minor Key and other assorted humorous poetry by Bill Bailey

 

Bill Bailey happens to be one of my favourite comedians. 
And no, I haven't shared everything he's done here, but this is special because today is my birthday. And also because he starts this segment with two short poems. 

And they're great. Not because they are wonderful poetry or anything like that, it's because one of his most impressive features is that he always knows just how to finish a work. It's sublime.

So, I thought as today is my birthday, I'd start it off with this lovely birthday song, enhanced by the sweet melancholy of the minor key. 



Okay, maybe it's not that sweet. But it kinda is.
And that's because of the ending. After getting progressively bleaker, the twist is hilarious. And there's something to be said for a nihilistic lack of sugar coating, or dare I say a furniture-chewing Grinch. It might be just me, but I find it uplifting.  

So  happy 'meaningless milestone of decay' to me!!!! :) 
Have a great day, everyone
A.J. 

If you like this you may also like:

Tim Minchin's F- the Poor (For musical comedy) 

Or the slightly ore uplifting milestone poem: An Affliction of Poetry: Running away with a Christmas Sonnet

Or if you like reversals, you may enjoy: A Sonnet to the Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment