Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Watching the Deadlines Fly By


Peeps might have noticed been having a little trouble with deadlines....the Tuesday one in particular, so I wrote this for you today :)

Watching the Deadlines Fly By


The summer sun was shining 
and hay was being made
the ants were trailing one by one
through the ballustrade

The crickets were all chirping
while I fretted in the shade
and yet I noticed none of this
just deadlines to be made

A multitude of deadlines
from half a hundred things
all tied up with sealing wax
and multi-coloured strings

And now I have those deadlines
as pretty as can be,
it's time to watch them rushing by
like bullets from a train,
so I can hear that wooshing noise
flying past again

A.J. Ponder

In memory of Douglas Adams  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

No comments:

Post a Comment