Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Congratulations to Craig Phillips

I know I've been very slow about posting lately, but I've been really busy with my latest book Quest, as well as a number of other projects. But I just wanted to do a shout out for my cover artist who not only was a finalist in the New Zealand Children's Book Awards this year, but he ran off with the coveted Russell Clark Award.

It was all very exciting and it was such a shame that I was working both days he was in Wellington, but I did get to see what was happening on award night over twitter. There's a link to his Radio New Zealand interview and a shot of his sketchbook-which I love. And it reminded me so much of when we first met at Armageddon and I saw one of his sketchbooks and knew he was the perfect illustrator for me. Enjoy!
Have fun,
A.J. Ponder -

P.S. next week's blog is about Lee Murray's latest book "Into the Mist."
It's lovely to see so many friends doing so well! :)
And soon after that, no doubt, there will be some cover art revelations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment